At SAS, we welcome all travelers – four-legged and two-legged. Here's some important information if you're traveling with an animal.
Discover the world with the whole family. At SAS we welcome all travelers – four-legged and two-legged. Important information if you are traveling with animals.
Take your best friend onboard. Dogs and cats are always welcome in the cabin with SAS.
- If you wish to bring a pet on the flight, either in the cabin or in the cargo hold, you must reserve space for it within 24 hours after you have booked your flight ticket by contacting SAS Sales and Service (please have the cage measurements at hand when calling in). You will receive a notification if we are able to accommodate your request at the latest within 24 hours.
- You are required to complete a document before traveling with animals (except for domestic flights in Sweden, Norway and Denmark).
- Only dogs and cats may accompany you in the cabin (except in SAS Business where no pets/animals are allowed). Other pets/animals must travel in the cargo hold.
- If you wish to bring a kitten or puppy, it must be at least 8 weeks old. If it is less than 14 weeks old, you need a veterinary's certificate stating it is approved for air transport.
- Pets or animals are not permitted on charter flights with SAS.
- Service dogs or other service animals (such as rescue dogs) always travel for free in the cabin with SAS. You may take one service animal per person.
- Remember to have the correct documentation certifying your pet's health, for entering and traveling through all countries on the flight. If possible, your pet should have a microchip or a tattoo as well as a pet passport for travel within or to the EU.
- Different countries have different conditions for bringing animals or pets into their country. For this reason you need to check this information before booking your ticket, either by asking the embassy or by their web page of the country you will be visiting.
- If you will be continuing your trip on another airline, other rules may apply. You can find information in this regard on the respective airline’s web site.