Discover the world with the whole family. At SAS we welcome all travelers – small and large, four-legged and two-legged. Important information if you are traveling with children or animals.
Travel with animals
Take your best friend onboard. Dogs and cats are always welcome in the cabin with SAS.
- If you wish to bring a pet on the flight, you must reserve space at least 24 hours after you have booked your flight ticket. Contact SAS Sales and Service by phone.
- Dogs and cats may accompany you in the cabin (except in SAS Business to the US and Asia). Other pets/animals must travel in the cargo hold.
- If you wish to bring a kitten or puppy, it must be at least 8 weeks old. For travel with a kitten less than 14 weeks old, you need a veterinary's certificate stating it is approved for transport.
- Pets are not permitted on charter flights with SAS.
Summer vacation at a beach resort or a long-awaited family reunion? Even small travelers need to fly on their own sometimes. With our unaccompanied minor service, a child who is flying alone is in safe hands before, during and after the flight.
Travel when pregnant
If you are expecting a child, you are welcome to fly with SAS for most of your pregnancy. But towards the end of your pregnancy there are limitations for both your sake and the sake of your child. Here is an overview of how it works.
- We recommend that you ask your insurance company about how your insurance applies while flying when pregnant.
- If you need to add an infant to the booking after you have already purchased your ticket, or make a name change, please contact SAS Sales and Service by phone.
- If you are flying with one of our partners, other rules may apply.
Travel with infants
Some people have more things to discover in the world than others. The tiniest travelers are warmly welcome here at SAS. Useful information if you are traveling with infants.
- At SAS, a child is considered an infant if at least 7 days old but not yet 2 years old.
- When you are flying with your infant, he or she must sit in your lap.
- If you wish to book a seat for your infant, you pay the same price as you would for a child between 2 and 11. If you do this, you need to bring your own child car seat in which you secure the child. To book, please call the SAS Sales and Service by phone.
- If you are traveling with two infants, you can have one child in your lap and one child in a seat beside you. You then book a seat for one of the children and pay the same price as for a child between 2 and 11. If you do this, you need to bring your own child car seat in which you secure the child.
- If you have an infant under 2 years of age on the outbound flight who turns 2 on the return flight then you need to book a child ticket.
Travel with children 2–11 years old
A true traveler starts on time. SAS flights offer onboard entertainment and meals to make your flight a wonderful experience for you and your child.
- At SAS, a person between 2 and 11 years of age (has not turned 12) is considered a child. A child can fly with another person who is at least 16. A child can also fly as an unaccompanied minor.
- If your child is traveling with a person who is 16 or older, the child can get a children's discount.
- If your child is under 2 on the outbound leg of the trip but 2 years of age or older on the homeward leg of the trip, we ask you to book through SAS Sales and Service by phone.
At SAS, we like the idea of travel beginning early on in life. That's why we offer children's discounts to make it extra affordable to travel with children.
- Infants (0–23 months) travel free of charge or with a 90% discount on the price of a ticket, depending on the destination. This applies when the child flies sitting in your lap (not own seat).
- Children aged 2–11 who travel with a person over 16, receive a discount of up to 25%. The size of the discount depends on the destination, price and booking class.
- Note that there are no children's discounts on certain special prices from/to the US.
- Children 2–11 also enjoy generous discounts on award trips: Up to 25–50% at many of our partners.
- Children's discounts apply on ticket prices excluding taxes and charges.
EuroBonus for children
SAS is determined to be the affordable choice regardless of age. So children and youths can become SAS EuroBonus members and earn points on their flights.
- As a EuroBonus member, your child collects points and can use them for award trips, hotel accommodations and other offers.
- If your child has earned an award trip, he or she can enjoy generous discounts from SAS and many of our partners. (Don't forget to provide your child's age when booking a flight). The following airlines offer child discounts on award trips:
- Estonian Air
- Atlantic Airways