We cooperate with a number of tour operators to help you see even more of the world. And we want to make sure that your trip is as perfect as you want it to be. Here's all you need to know if you're taking a charter trip with SAS, including many ways to make your trip even better.
When you travel with SAS Charter, you can order duty-free items online for onboard delivery on your outbound trip or on the way back.
- Get up to 70% off perfume, cosmetics, accessories and candy.
- Pre-order items for onboard delivery on your trip home from almost all EU destinations.
- You can order duty-free items on all flights. Some restrictions apply on alcoholic beverages and tobacco products, depending on the origin and destination of the flight.
Choose your seat
If you have a favorite seat, you can always book it in advance for a fee.
Relax in our lounges
Start your vacation in style before you leave by relaxing in one of our SAS Lounges at Arlanda or in Gothenburg, Oslo or Copenhagen.
Please note: The lounge access benefits you enjoy as a EuroBonus member don't apply when you travel on a SAS Charter flight. Lounge access is also not included when you book a SAS Plus ticket on a SAS Charter flight.
The amount of baggage you are permitted on your trip with us depends on the type of ticket you are flying on, the route and sometimes on the destination. If you have excess baggage not included on your ticket or you have special baggage, you can pre-book this for a fee.
Note that your baggage allowance as a EuroBonus member does not apply when you travel on an SAS charter flight.
Pre-book overweight or special baggage
FREE BAGGAGE WEIGHT
Here is a list of how much baggage you can take with you at no cost when you fly on a charter flight with SAS. (If you are flying regular, other weights apply). If you have more baggage than the specified weight, an excess baggage charge will be added.
Exceptions for baggage allowance
If you're going to be away for 3 weeks or more, traveling on a charter ski trip or traveling with infants, some baggage allowance exceptions apply.
If you have more baggage than allowed on your ticket, the following applies:
- Overweight costs DKK/NOK/SEK 70/EUR 8/USD 10 per kg/lbs (applies per one-way trip when you pay at the airport when departing)
- If a single bag weighs more than 32 kg/71 lbs, the baggage must be divided into at least two bags
- You can pay for overweight baggage at the airport or prepay at a discount using the link given below
Order and prepay for overweight baggage at a discounted price
For safety reasons, EU regulations restrict what you may have in your carry-on. For example, liquids (liquids, aerosols, gels and pastes) must be packed in containers that hold a maximum of 100 ml. Read more about these regulations on the Swedish Transportation Agency website.
Please note that we don't offer compensation for damage to checked or carry-on baggage that is caused by leaking or broken containers of liquids.
The regulations given below for special baggage apply for flying charter with SAS. Other rules apply if you are flying on a regular flight.
- If you wish to travel with special baggage, except in a very few instances you need to add it when you make your booking – contact your tour operator.
- Note that the transport of special baggage is subject to availability.
- You can pay for your special baggage at the standard price at the airport when you check in or you can prepay at a lower price using the link given below.
Order and prepay for special baggage at a discounted price
FORGOTTEN & LOST ITEMS
- If you forget something onboard the aircraft, please contact the Lost & Found at the airport you are flying to/from:
- Stockholm Arlanda Airport +46 10 410 02 00 (weekdays 10:00–18:00)
- Copenhagen Airport +45 38 74 88 22 (weekdays 10:00–14.00)
- Oslo Airport +47 64 81 34 77 (every day 05:00–22:00)
- If you've forgetten something at Stockholm Arlanda or Oslo Airport, you can look for it here
To make your trip as smooth and stress-free as possible, it's a good idea to arrive at the airport in plenty of time before your flight departs. Please also remember to give yourself enough time to get through security.
- Check-in opens 2 hours before departure and closes 1 hour before departure.
- You need to be at the gate no later than 20 minutes before your flight departs.
We select a seat for you 7 days before departure, but you can always reserve the seat you want in advance for a fee.
Checking in at a SAS Self-Service kiosk
If you're flying SAS Charter, you can skip the lines and check in at a SAS Self-Service kiosk at most of our departure airports. You can also print your boarding pass and bag tags.
Inflight food & shopping
Get into holiday mode onboard your flight by enjoying great inflight meals and shopping. Meals are included on some flights and we have special meals for children age 2–11. In other cases, you can pre-order a meal onboard when booking your trip. Ask your tour operator about the options available on your flight.
If you haven't pre-ordered your meal, you can always buy something light to eat and drink onboard. Please note that the selection depends on where you're traveling.
See our menu for flights within Europe
See our menu for USA, Asia and Charter flights
Contact your tour operator to order special meals on SAS Charter flights.
Spoil yourself or someone else with Scandinavian design, wonderful fragrances or great gifts. Shop in our STORE at excellent prices.
At SAS, everyone should feel welcome when they travel with us. This is why we do everything we can to make your trip as easy, safe and comfortable as possible, whatever your needs or abilities. Just let us know what your needs are when you book.
If you require any other assistance, just let us know when you book your trip so we can provide the help you need.
- Traveling with a service dog
You can bring a service dog onboard free of charge. The dog is not included in any weight limitations and does not need to be shipped in a cage.
- Traveling with oxygen
If you require medical oxygen during the trip to and from the aircraft and/or during the flight, you can bring your own tanks of oxygen. Just let us know how many tanks you need to bring when you book your trip. The tanks can be shipped as carry-on or checked baggage. Please note that tanks of oxygen may not exceed the size and weight limitations for carry-on baggage (max. 115 cm/45", max. weight 5 kg/11 lbs).
Traveling when pregnant
If you plan on parking at Arlanda airport, we recommend that you book your parking in advance.
- Take advantage of special offers
- Guaranteed parking spot on departure
- Park long–term also at the terminals
Book parking at Arlanda
Parking at Copenhagen Airport
Pre-book your parking at Copenhagen Airport and pay less. Free buses to the terminals depart every 10–15 minutes.
- Pay the lowest price. You get the lowest price.
- Get priority and a guaranteed spot in the garage.
- Save time at the airport.
- See the exact price and choose the parking spot that suits you best.
Please note that you need to book parking no later than 23:00 the night before you arrive.
Rent your own aircraft
At SAS, we believe that each traveler’s experience is singularly important no matter how big or small your group is. This is why we have a dedicated and experienced team to manage ad hoc charter requests. So if you’re looking for the fastest, easiest and most comfortable way to travel, then why not charter your own SAS plane?
Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy with SAS Charter:
- Efficient, friendly and dedicated single point of contact to meet your needs from start to finish. You choose the destination and schedule, and we make sure there are no stopovers or scattered departures.
- Travel on our modern, refurbished SAS fleet with seating for up to 198 people.
- Make your time matter. Traveling in a closed group is a true time saver, so why not have your event or workshop in the clouds?
Contact our Charter team
To request a quote, please complete the form below and our specialist Charter Team will get back to you as soon as possible.